Heated Jacket Reviews
If you spend a lot of time outside in cold weather you will be happy to discover that heated jackets can work wonders by making cold weather activities much more manageable. Regardless of your age, you can benefit from the comfort of a heated jacket. They can protect you from cold weather conditions whether you are outdoors for recreation or work and can be cleaned and stored easily.
There are many different types of heated jackets on the market and they come in many different sizes and price points. Even though it may sound like a luxury item, if you spend a lot of time outdoors in cold temperatures, you will quickly find that a quality heated jacket is a necessity and not just a luxury.
The latest models and styles of heated jackets are equipped with advanced technology that offers plenty of style along with its functionality. They typically have state-of-the-art wiring built into the jacket layers which provides different degrees of heat exactly where you need it. This wiring system features lithium ion batteries that can be recharged hundreds of times. You will be able to stay warm even in the coldest temperatures and good quality jackets will not have problems such as cold spots, having wires burn out or get easily damaged.
Top 5 Heated Jackets
|Best Heated Jacket for Men|
|Best Heated Vest for Men|
|Best Women's Heated Jacket|
|Best Heated Vest for Women|
|Best Heated Motorcycle Jacket Liner|
Heated Jacket Buyer’s Guide
If you’re not familiar with heated jackets, you may not be aware that there is a style of jacket that has heating elements inside the fabric. This enables you to keep your internal temperature warm no matter how cold it is outside. Heated jackets have heating elements inside the facbric that are either a wiring system or panel system powered by a rechargeable battery.
When you heat the heating element, the warmth permeates the jacket and keeps your body warm. Heated jackets come in different styles for both men and women and can either be worn alone or, if it’s a liner, underneath a regular coat or other piece of clothing.
Depending on the company, the jacket may be heated by a thin yet strong wire that is very flexible and durable. If your jacket is made with this ststem, you can do anything you want without fear of breaking the wire or having your movement restricted by the heating system.
Other companies make their jackets with heating panels that are lined with steel fiber elements. These panels are put in areas of the jacket that best radiate warmth such as the chest, back, and sleeves. Some jacket styles even have heated collars. The panels are durable and very efficient in order to provide heat where it will benefit you the most.
Benefits of a Heated Jacket
If you work or spend a lot of time outdoors during the winter, you can definitely benefit from a heated jacket. Here we list some of the top reasons people choose to purchase one of these terrific jackets.
- Riding a Motorcycle – If your mode of transportation is a motorcycle, or if you just love to ride, you will welcome having a heated jacket to keep you warm. Riding a motorcycle can be brutally cold – especially in the wintertime. Having a jacket that heats from the inside will be a benefit to your enjoyment and will make a huge difference in your comfort level.
- Camping – If you love camping and sporting in cold weather but don’t want to freeze at night, a heated jacket is the answer. You will be able to be outdoors in cold temperatures and remain warm and comfortable while you hike, hunt, or even fish.
- Electronic Device Charging – One of the extra benefits of having a heated jacket is that you will also have the ability to charge your handheld devices. The rechargeable battery pack works with most handheld devices that can be charged with a USB cable. Being able to keep your cell phone charged, even while on the go, is a bonus.
- Working Outdoors – It’s hard to keep your mind on the tasks at hand if your body is cold to the bone. A heated jacket is terrific for those who work outdoors for extended periods of time. The heating elements will keep your core warm which will make being outdoors much more tolerable and comfortable.
- Walking to School – Even older kids can enjoy the benefits of a heated jacket if they have to walk to and from school in the wintertime. The size selections usually accommodate bigger kids even though they are not specifically designed as kids’ sizes. Due to the potential danger of the battery pack that operates a heated jacket, very young children should not wear one without adult supervision.
When it comes to choosing the right heated jacket, it is important to look for specific features that will ensure you have good quality and durability in your heated jacket. Your jacket needs to be able to keep you warm while you are outdoors, regardless of the temperature. We have listed a few of these specific features below.
- Lining – Soft linings make the heated jacket much more comfortable to wear whether you are wearing it by itself or you are wearing it underneath another jacket. A good lining also increases heat insulation so the heat from the wiring system or elements doesn’t seep out through the fabric.
- Pockets – If you like to store things in your jacket, you will want to ensure that the heated jacket you choose has pockets. Some designs have many pockets but others only have zippered pockets for your hands. Some jackets even have no pockets at all except for the one that holds the battery pack. Depending on the brand, you can find styles with pockets specially designed for cell phones, documents, keys, and more. The number of pockets you need will depend on personal preference and what you use the jacket for. It will also depend on what items you like to carry with you on your outings.
- Heating Ability – Each brand of heated jacket will have its own unique heating system. Most offer different heating areas – usually at least three – that include the chest area, back area, collar, and sometimes, the sleeves. Most heated jackets have three or four heating levels as well; pre-heat, low, medium, and high are typical settings offered. You can adjust the heating level to counteract the temperature of the outdoors. The heating level that one person needs may not be the same as someone else. The benefit to these heating levels is that you can set the heat higher in the morning and lower it as it warms up throughout the day.
- Style – Most heated jackets are simple in style but powerful allies when it comes to fighting the cold weather. The styles that we tested were all black, sometimes with a different colored trim or zipper. Black is the most popular color and alternative colors are not that popular. There are some styles that have zippered hoods that can be removed, or extra zippers on the outside of the jacket. Style is a personal preference and will vary from one person to the next. Different companies tend to have specific styles that represent their heated jackets but there are styling elements within that larger style such as slim-fit, vest vs jacket, and more.
If you are outdoors a lot in the wintertime, you can benefit greatly from purchasing a heated jacket. They keep your body warm and allow you to engage in outdoor activities in a much more comfortable manner. The lightweight material that usually makes up these jackets prevents you from overheating and dosen’t bunch up under overcoats and jackets.
Most heated jackets have the ability to charge your handheld devices. This feature is very convenient for people on the go. These heated jackets are great for work, outdoor recreation, and even just going from one place to the next in a cold environment. Heated jackets are available in styles designed for both men and women and come in a variety of sizes.
The design of heated jackets is typically very simple and they tend not to come in a variety of color options. They are mostly black, possibly with a contrasting trim color. Whatever your outdoor activities, a heated jacket will make your time outdoors much more enjoyable while keeping you warm and dry. There are many brand names and styles to choose from and the varieties are endless. You’re sure to find one you like which makes them a great choice for anyone.
ORORO – https://www.ororowear.com/
Gerbing – http://www.gerbing.com/