Arch Support Slipper Reviews
We spent two weeks researching and testing ten different brands and kinds of plantar fasciitis slippers. One of our top picks was Spenco Men’s Supreme Slipper. These comfortable and functional slide slippers have a rubber sole, deep heel cup, and orthotic grade support for your arches and this is just the beginning. Made of suede, they offer the wearer plenty of support and comfort to help improve the symptoms of plantar fasciitis. The lining is made from synthetic shearling and makes the slippers even more comfortable to wear even in the winter.
If you suffer from plantar fasciitis, you probably experience foot and heel pain first thing in the morning with your first few steps, and then it’ll get stronger as the day goes on. This pain can be even more pronounced if you are on your feet a lot. Sometimes you just need extra support for your feet even when you are relaxing around the house. In these situations, a good quality pair of plantar fasciitis slippers can be just what you were looking for in a slipper.
There are many reasons that a supportive pair of slippers can improve plantar fasciitis symptoms, pain from flat feet and other foot issues you may be experiencing. If you have flat feet or super high arches, you need to purchase a pair of plantar fasciitis slippers that have excellent arch support. This support will make a big difference in the amount of pain you feel. Good arch support takes the pressure off the fascia ligament which is critical in reducing the pain and problems associated with plantar fasciitis.
The best defense against dealing with heel and foot pain from plantar fasciitis is to have the right support as often as possible. This means supportive shoes during the day and slippers that have arch support at night when you are home. Walking around barefoot can actually aggravate the issue and cause more pain.
Top 7 Plantar Fasciitis Slippers
Plantar Fasciitis Slippers Buying Guide
Benefits of Wearing Plantar Fasciitis Slippers
Finding a good pair of slippers with the right support can make a huge difference in how your feet feel and the level of pain you experience on a daily basis. Although you may think going barefoot at home can help, there is no support, and you can actually experience more pain when barefoot than if you are wearing a good, supportive pair of slippers.
- There are many benefits that you will notice when you wear a good pair of plantar fasciitis slippers.
- Arch support after you get home without having to wear orthotic shoes ALL the time
- Flexibility to wear the slippers in and out of your home and even on short errands if you choose
- Less wear on your orthotic inserts
- Comfortable and cozy feeling
- Less pain and discomfort
Having a soft but supportive slipper to put on after you get home will allow you to relax while keeping up the arch support and heel support that you need to reduce pain that you can experience from plantar fasciitis.
Features of a Good Pair of Plantar Fasciitis Slippers
There are several things that you want to look for when comparing one pair of slippers to another. These features will help you choose the right pair of slippers that will feel great while providing you with the support and relief you are searching for after a long day on your feet in regular orthotic shoes.
- A midsole that absorbs shock and reduces stress that can be placed on the feet – Walking and moving around can put stress on the feet which becomes more pronounced when you have foot problems. A shock absorbing midsole protects your feet from constant impact that can aggravate pain and discomfort.
- Brand that is known for orthopedic products – Some brands, like Dr. Sholls and others, are well known as orthopedic companies that produce products for foot problems. Look for plantar fasciitis slippers that are manufactured from a company that KNOWS orthopedics. This will ensure that they slippers have the right features that you are searching for.
- A well-made orthotic footbed that is comfortable and that provides plenty of heel and arch support – Arch support is probably one of the most important features to look for when shopping around. The right support in the arch can reduce pain significantly and provide relief from the discomforts of plantar fasciitis.
- Customer comments and reviews are positive – Customers that have already purchased the slippers you are considering and are using them can be a terrific sense of information and insight that you can’t get from the sales site. Customers will tell you how well they fit, how they feel, whether they improve the overall feel of your feet and much more. Ideally, you want to find slippers that have a decent amount of reviews to read and look at, so you get a more balanced view.
Many people that suffer from plantar fasciitis may not realize that there are slippers that are designed specifically for this foot ailment. These slippers can be worn while around the house, outdoors in the yard and even on short errands. The great thing about these special slippers is that they have the heel and arch support that you need to reduce the pain that these ailments can cause.
Even if you have never worn slippers before, you will enjoy the added support, pain reduction, and cozy comfort that a good, supportive pair of slippers can offer. Not all slippers will work for reducing the pain of plantar fasciitis. You have to make sure that you look for slippers that have arch support, a deep heel cup, flexible midsole that is cushioned for extra comfort and shock absorption and other important features that we have gone over.
Plantar fasciitis slippers can be looked at as your around the house shoes. If you wear orthotics all day, slipping into these slippers once you get home will be one of the highlights of your day. Once you experience the pain reduction and superior protection and support they provide, you’ll never go without them again.
Even good quality plantar fasciitis slippers don’t replace a good, sturdy orthotic shoe but what they do offer is the chance to get out of those stiffer, heavier shoes and put something on that will encase your feet in comfort while helping to diminish the pain and problems associated with various foot ailments.
There are tons of choices on the market for good, sturdy slippers. Remember to compare the slippers you find with the list of features we have provided, and you will be certain that you won’t waste your money purchasing the wrong pair of slippers.